Monday, January 17, 2011

(FYI - This picture has nothing to do with my post today)

Today I witnessed a woman working for God.  
This woman is just a gym member, there for her workout today.  The woman heard my patient talking, while we were in the gym using a machine, about how she needed a new part to her wheelchair and couldn't get to the drug store in town to get it because she can't drive.  About 10 minutes later, I'm now in a treatment room with my patient and another therapist tracks me down.  I'm told that this woman overheard us in the gym earlier and would like to go to the drug store for my patient and buy the part for her.  She'll bring the part to the hospital or else drop it off at my patients house, as they found out by exchanging names that they belong to the same church and even live near to eachother.

Things like that make me want to be a better person.  And I pray for blessings for that woman who takes small steps out of her way to make large impacts in other people's lives.

No comments: