Saturday, July 23, 2011

Triple Berry Crisp - With No (processed) Sugar!

You want meatless?  No problem.  You want dairy-free?  You got-it.  You want no-sugar?  You must be insane, but I aim to please.  And then you want it to taste good?  Hmm...well, I'm up to the challenge!


Triple Berry Crisp
Ingredients:
For the filling:

1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1 1/2 cups raspberries
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 cup agave nectar

For the topping:

1 cup Quaker quick oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup date sugar
approximately 2 Tbsp agave nectar
1/2 cup (full stick) butter, melted
3/4 tsp cinnamon


Directions:


Heat oven to 375 degrees. 
Combine strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, agave nectar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and lemon juice in large bowl. 
Add cornstarch. 
Toss until fruit is coated. 
Place fruit in an ungreased pie dish.  (I used too small of a pie dish the first time and my wonderful husband spent quite a while scraping charred berries off the bottom of the oven, whoops!)
Mix remaining ingredients.  
Sprinkle over fruit.
Bake 40 minutes or until topping is crisp and fruit is not so crisp.




(adapted from this Triple Berry Crisp recipe)

Malachi loves it, and I gotta say, I think it's pretty good as well!  This will be a great recipe once our berries pick up speed (I'm thinking next summer).  With all the berries free from the garden, this will be tasty and very affordable!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Looks super yummy! I would ruin it by eating it with vanilla ice cream :)