Tuesday, March 20, 2012

9/20/06

"day 17"

Today was the busiest day I've had yet!  I got to see my other eval for the first time since the eval, today.  So I stretched her out a bit and exercised her. 
 
One of my original ICU guys that had come down to gait training and was then discharged, was back today.  He went home and hardly even sat up, so of course, when he tried to walk, he fell.  And today he refused to stand or do anything.  So, he's gonna be fun.
 
That other guy that is still a bedside, the AIDs guy, well today I didnt see him, but I guess he is RUNNING around the fifth floor hitting and scratching people and stuff.  What a guy.  I feel bad for all those nurses up there.  His room is right at the nursing station so they can keep an eye on him.
 
I also got to see this one kid who has an external fixation and he is quite the interesting kid.  He likes to think up ways to psychologically torture people.  He's a good candidate for a really scary person later in his life (he's 16 right now).  But no worries, when he said that he was going to rule the world someday I told him that he better be nice to me and he said that he would because all the nice people will be remembered.  Whew! 
 
Also, I told everyone today that I went to boarding school and bitter-Kathy said "Oh, well THAT's why she's so nice."  And I didnt want to get into the whole no-uniforms, it was coed and they didnt beat us when we did something wrong, which is what I'm sure they all were picturing, especially since I've already had to correct a bunch of people already about that.
 
And I saw mean-debbie do a little dance today.  It was weird.  I've also heard her laugh every once in a while, but it is very unnatural and sounds like its hard for her to do.
 
Liz had the afternoon off, so I followed around Jennifer, which was pretty boring but also very easy, so I'm not gonna complain.  Tomorrow I do my CPI midterm, if we have time.  This week is just REALLY busy because so many people are taking off. 
 
Also, I went to bed at a normal time last night for the first time in like a week, so I'm pretty happy about that!
 
Love ya,
Lyndsey

No comments: