Saturday, June 2, 2012

May Somethings


instagram @lyndseroo 

from this past month, here is something I...


~~~~~~~~~~

...loved:


My dad was able to come home twice this month. The picture above is actually from when he was in Oklahoma during May for my cousins college graduation.  I realize now that I didn't take any pictures of my dad while he was here other than the one up in the instagrams.  Next time dad comes home is in July, but I will get to go down to Missouri this month for Father's Day, so that will be fun!

...listened to:


This is depressing and funny at the same time.

...watched:


(And a whole lotta marvel movies in order to be prepared for The Avengers)

...read:

I've started this book.  And really, I've just barely started it.  But I like it a lot.  So many great tips.  I'm excited to continue working my way through it.  It has tips on budgeting, how to write a good cover letter and resume, how to have a decent blog (obviously I haven't read that part yet, haha) and so much more.  There are more Organize Now! books by this lady, and I might be purchasing more of them in the future.



...learned:



I've been thinking a lot lately about this quote.  I find it inspiring in a way.  Not in a way that I feel like I should go out and start doing crazy things.  But more-so in the way that when I am faced with some bigger decisions (which this month has been more than generous in providing me with), I can find a bit of peace.  Peace in knowing that risks taken, decisions made, life changes...they are healthy things to do every so often.  I need these tough and somewhat scary obstacles in order to become a better me and hopefully to get a little closer to where God is leading me.

No comments: