Wednesday, July 4, 2012

June Somethings


instagram @lyndseroo 

from this past month, here is something I...


~~~~~~~~~~

...loved:


There were so many things to love in June.  I saw my brother and Sandra and my dad down in Missouri for a really fun weekend (filled with movies, games, 3M tours and free stuff, caves and lots and lots of food).  I turned 29.  Malachi took me to see Blue Man Group.  We took the big leap of deciding to move to Lincoln in the fall.  And the weather has been simply amazing!  Yes, June was a good month.



...listened to:


Love it.  I wonder what LMFAO thinks?



...watched:


I'm not proud of this.  And I didn't really care for the movie.  However, before the movie started there was a trailer for another movie that was rated PG-13 and it was about this demon possessed child.  I had to close my eyes through pretty much the whole preview.  It was freaky-deaky.  After it was over, my dad leaned over and said "That should have been rated PG-89!"  I started laughing so hard.  Oh man, that was so funny.  And true.  Thankfully Prometheus was not nearly as creepy or scary or awful.





...read:



I think I finished this in June.  It might have been May, I can't remember.  It was a fun read.  I'm not a frequent reader of mysteries, so it was nice change from what I would typically read.  But since it was a book club book, I'm not really going to go into detail, because I already have in my book club, sorry!






...learned:


I am old.  No, not because I had a birthday and all that.  Just hear me out.  
So here I am, sitting in a group of  about 10 people at work.  We just finished one meeting, and we are waiting for our supervisor to arrive so we can start our next meeting.  The conversation went many directions, and one of those directions landed on sex change operations.  I will spare you the details, but at one point, a coworker stated that you can't just cut a certain something off (I changed a lot of words there for all of your sake).  And I replied that Lorena Bobbitt would disagree.  People laughed and chuckled and one of my co-workers who is about the same age as me stated that my reference was a blast from the past, and that there would be a time when people won't know what that is in reference to.  That's when I looked at our 3 interns.  They were quietly discussing something with each other.  I asked them if they knew what we were talking about and the spokesman of the group replied, 
"Like a Bop-It?".
So yes, I am old.  That is the first time I have made an out-of-date reference that the young-ins don't know about.  Pretty soon, no one will know what it means when you say, "Be Kind, Rewind."

2 comments:

Taumi said...

Can you teach me how to add instagram to blogger posts? I googled but everything I found is automatic and I don't want EVERYthing posted every time I take a pic.

lyndsey said...

Do you have a USB connector thing for your phone? I connect that and load my photos onto the computer and then I can add them just like a regular photo. As for putting them all in one chunk like I did for this post, I do that the old fashioned way with Paint. There are probably lots of better ways to do that, but I haven't taken the time to learn them :)