Tuesday, January 24, 2012

9/8/06


"day 9"

What a strange day!  They increased the reward for Bucky again to $400,000.  And around lunch time they 'found' him kind of.  He was near a golf course (see Dad, golfing is dangerous) so they evacuated the golf course and surrounded the place.  Liz went to the cafeteria to get lunch and there are two TVs there and there were all these hospital employees surrounding the TVs.  Anyway the hospital was called and told to keep a room open in case they got Bucky (and also in case Bucky got one of them).  I guess this was all happening about 15 miles away.  And after lunch out of about 8 or 9 patients, we only got ONE and that was an inpatient, so she was
already in the hospital.  I assume people didnt want to leave their house, or didnt want to leave their television or else were stuck at a road block.  One of Marie's patients came bursting through the door over an hour late because she was stuck at a road block, saying "I'd better not see Bucky, I'll strangle him!"  Also, at the beginning of the day when some kids were going to school around that area, the bus took them to school and then the kids were on lockdown all day, I dont know whats going on now.
Oh, and today Ethel told me she loved me.  Of course, then she said "What's your name again?"  She was pestering me again.
As for patients, I did some more stuff today, and Liz said that next week I can maybe do an eval...which freaks me out a little.  I'll have to study some.  But I have no idea what I'll get!  Also, on tuesday I'm probably gonna see a bilateral Total Knee Replacement surgery, which will be cool.  It might make for a long day though.   Hmm, I cant really think of anything else because all afternoon I just sat around and did nothing due to all of the cancellations.  Oh, I saw a huge wound today, but it wasnt too interesting.
Okay, thats all.  Love ya,
Lyndsey

No comments: