Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Looking Good, Oscar

Okay, it's that time of year again where I give my opinions on red carpet attire, regardless of if you even care at all.

emma stone - thumbs up

The dress isn't red, it's a pink color.  I just love Emma Stone and I think she looked very pretty, and as she said..."it has a bow!"

kristen wiig - thumbs up

It's an odd pick for color, but I don't hate it.  I think she looked good.  Could have looked better in a brighter color, but she doesn't look washed out, so props to her!

tina fey - thumbs down
Source: people.com via Andrea on Pinterest

I liked her hair, but the dress was boring and the peplum was not done well.  It was more like a peplump.  The one who pulled off a peplum?

Michelle Williams - thumbs up
Source: people.com via Sierra on Pinterest

That look is not easy to pull off, but she did it very well.

The girl from The Artist - thumbs down
Source: people.com via Andrea on Pinterest

Okay.  The color isn't awful.  But every thing else about the dress is.

I have no clue who this is, but... - thumbs up
Source: mirror.co.uk via Renee on Pinterest

It's not an exciting dress, but she looks good whoever she is!

Rooney Mara - thumbs down
Source: google.com via Victoria on Pinterest

Can we say poorly placed boob flaps?  I really think she was only complimented on her look because she is such a severe person and it's supposedly cool to like whatever she does.  But I'm sorry.  The longer I look at this dress, the more I see Jabba the Hut's face staring back at me.

Giulianna Ransik - thumbs up
It's different, it fits well, and she looks good.

Sandra Bullock - thumbs down
I like Sandra Bullock, but a pony tail?  And such a disappointing, baggy dress.  Helen Mirren is way older than Bullock and dresses way prettier and younger, yet still age appropriate.  So what I'm saying is, there is no excuse for this.

No clue who this is either - thumbs up
I don't like how it doesn't have a back, or sides for that matter.  But it's a fun color.

natalie portman - thumbs up
I like it, so sue me.

Octavia - thumbs up
Fits perfectly and she looks so good in it!

Jennifer Lopez - thumbs down
The design reminded me of Octavia Spencers dress, only Lopez got it all very wrong.  And J-Lo!  Stop having the same wardrobe malfunction every year!  It's getting old.

Jessica Chastain - thumbs down
I just don't think it's pretty at all.  But I will say that her hair was probably my favorite of the night.

Maya Rudolph - thumbs down
It's not an awful dress, but she could NOT have looked more uncomfortable.  I don't think she took a breath the whole night.  Why would she do that to herself?  Just pick out a dress with a little texture on it and your golden, Maya, golden!

Angelina Jolie - thumbs down
The reason I am giving her a thumbs down is because I can't even tell what the dress looks like with all her ridiculous leg posing.  But this doctored photo gets a thumbs up...

Gwyneth Paltrow - thumbs up
I liked her dress.  However, I hated her cape.

Kelly Ripa - thumbs up
Okay, I will admit it.  I am a believer that Kelly Ripa can do no wrong fashion-wise.  I think she was one of the best dressed, head to toe, on the red carpet.  Too bad she's just there for interviews!


And there you have it.  Do you agree?  Disagree?  Have any others to add?

3 comments:

Al Tolkmit said...

Girl in the green dress is Maria Menounous. From Access Hollywood, Extra, those sorts of shows. Also about to be on Dancing with the "Stars".

Girl in the purple is Rachel Smith. Former Miss USA, hosts a show OnTheRedCarpet.

File this comment under knowledge that is wasting space in my head...

Taumi said...

I pretty much agreed with all of your picks, although I though Maya Rudolph looked good and Sandra Bullocks dress looked good from the back. The front was awful though. LOVED Octavia, Emma Stone, and Michelle Williams. The color of Williams dress was better on video. She always glows. Gwyneth always looks sophisticated and amazing. I really did not like Kristen Wiig though. I like the dress ok but that putty I thought, did wash her out. And your totally spot on with Tina's peplump! lol, someone should tell her a peplum is for girls with no thighs and booties like you and me!

Taumi said...

And Angelina is RIDICULOUS.