Tuesday, February 28, 2012

9/15/06

"day 14"

Hey there parents,
Today was a fairly easy day.  Good thing too, because I am tired and extremely hungry after being sick yesterday.  We had two patients in for gait training this morning who happened to have been married for 62 years.  It was kinda sad, because they are both in the hospital and the husband said to his wife "I thought you would be at home now."  He was in for a Total Hip Replacement, and she had had a stroke.
At lunch in the cafeteria I sat next to this Speech/Hearing doctor guy and it was his birthday and this other hospital director guy at our table said, "Hey Bob" (by the way, i think every male who works in this hospital has the name Bob.  I don't know how anyone knows which Bob they are talking about) anyways, the guy said "Is it bad to not wear ear plugs when I mow my lawn?"  Being as Bob is a hearing doctor he said yes.  And the other guy said, "Okay, I just wanted to know, I turn my ipod up loud enough so that I can't hear the lawnmower anyways."  And it was funny, because Bob was NOT impressed.
I did my laundry right after work in a fairly shady area, but the laundromat was in a strip mall that didnt look too bad, but I hope I can make it 5 weeks without having to do laundry again...haha, fat chance.
Okay, my pizza is done, I'm STARVING, so I'm gonna go eat.  Sorry I didnt really say much about my day, but it was good. 
love,
lyndsey

No comments: