Tuesday, April 10, 2012

9/25/06


"day 20"

Hey there!
 
Today was a really good day.  I did 2 or 3 inpatient evaluations and I rocked the house.  Uh....okay, I just did alright, but I'm getting better!  I also saw my own patient today and she is a exercise-a-holic so I'm trying to hold her back from overdoing it, but also I'm trying to keep her interested in therapy, so because she keeps asking me what else she can do, she's accumulated about a billion exercises.  And she gets me really racking my brain for appropriate exercises.  I've got her doing alot of theraband stuff and today she wanted some exercises she can do with her exercise ball, so I've got her doing Adduction by squeezing the ball and then quarter squats against the wall with the ball between her and the wall.  It's hard to think of good knee exercises with that ball. 
 
There is a crazy lady in gait training.  She is supposed to have mild dementia, but I think its more of moderate dementia if I do say so myself, she is ALWAYS saying something completely off the wall.  I don't know if I already told you this, but on friday I was cleaning the walkers and she asked me if I would spray some of the cleaner on her.  I told her that was not a good idea.
 
Oh, so Sherry's other lump in her breast is cancerous and now they are plannning on a mastectomy.  I feel so bad for her.
 
And bitter Kathy is stealing toilet paper and laundry bags from the department. 
 
Thats about all!  Love ya!
Lyndsey

No comments: