Friday, February 11, 2011

Our Superbowl

For a blog post with that title, I will tell you right off the bat, their is nothing about football in my post today.  Instead, it is all about food and dogs!  (two things that I love)

For the superbowl, my parents had an amazing amount and selection of food.  And I decided to contribute in a small way, so I made some guacamole.  I haven't used my Pioneer Woman cookbook yet, so I decided to try out her recipe.  However, I didnt have any cilantro and I didn't have a fresh onion, so it is a little different.  But in all honesty...who needs a recipe for guacamole?  And this coming from someone who can't make anything without a recipe.  But really, I basically just opened the book to that page, but went on my merry way chopping and dicing and mixing it all together the way I wanted.  However, I do thank the recipe for the idea for jalepenos.  I'd never added those to my guac before.



I was able to put my brand new avocado slicer to work!


voial!


Toby was super excited to see Dylan and Daisy again.  You can't tell that from this picture though.  And that's because I had to wait until he was completely exhausted (or maybe bored) before he was still enough to capture in a photograph.  Otherwise, he's so hyper he's just a blur.



This is Dylan, annoyed that Toby is near him.  Toby loves him, but I can't say Dylan has the same feelings towards Toby.


And this is where Daisy hung out.


Practicing our Down Dog yoga moves.


We had a great time this year, probably one of my favorite superbowls in years!
The only bummer is that I have to wait until august before I get to watch more of my favorite sport.

Hope you all had great weeks!  Mine wasn't too bad, but I work this weekend, so I'm only just starting day 5 of 12, which means I may not be quite so chipper this time next week!
Have a happy weekend!

4 comments:

Taumi said...

Do those Avocado slicer things work that well? I always just assumed they were useless unless you had a avo that was the same shape and size as the tool.

lyndsey said...

They really do work well. They are squeezable, so they fit into every avocado. They only issue I found was that if your avocado is pretty soft, it's hard to get a clean slice at the very end. But I got better at it the more I did it, so I think it's just a couple times of practice.

lyndsey said...

Haha, I just realized I posted that I didn't have a fresh onion...uh, then what is in my picture!! I promise that wasn't an old soggy onion. I meant I didn't have a fresh LIME. Oh my, what is going on in my brain.

lyndsey said...

and I spelled voila wrong... I am embarrassed of this post. Just look at the pictures, don't read it...