Thursday, April 12, 2012

9/27/12


"day 22"

Sherry was back today.  It's just so sad.  Here she is working and she HAS breast cancer!  And I've been thinking alot about it.  I mean, this woman has never drank, never smoked, she eats very healthy and she exercises.  Which is more than most people.  She gets a mammogram every year.  And that got me thinking about how I've heard that mammograms cause an increase in breast cancer, so I'm actually currently looking up some articles to support and oppose that way of thinking so I can figure out my own opinion of that.  And the thing is, the mammogram didnt even find the cancer.  She requested something else because she thought that under her arm felt a little more achey than usual.  So really its luck that she even caught it.
Today was normal.  I did a history on this one lady who might end up being my patient because I dont think Liz really likes her.  I did her ultrasound and taught her some exercises and stuff too, so I'll probably be keeping her. 
And sometimes gait training is fun.  We have this one big Texan guy who is alot of fun.  And we have a little guy with tremors who was singing away today because he thinks he's going home (but we don't know if he actually will be able to). 
But Kathy was VERY obnoxious today.  She was harrassing Ardie constantly.  Usually I try to ignore Kathy, but her nagging was putting me in a grumpy mood.  I mean, I didnt do or say anything, but I caught myself looking at her with disgust a few times.  Ardie is so nice and Kathy was probably just picking on her because she knows that Ardie wont bite back. 
Well, I have to go log on to our class's new chat room thing because now we are required to answer a weekly question from our advisor back at school.  I think she's getting bored, because she keeps adding on stuff to what we have to do on our clinicals. 
Love,
Lyndsey

No comments: