Thursday, April 12, 2012

9/29/06


"day 24"
My advisor from Andrews called today to talk to my CI and me.  That made me feel a little uncomfortable.  I dont really know why even.  But afterwards Liz and I talked about what she had said to each of us and it made me feel better.  And I don't have to do an inservice! Woo hoo!  I just have to make a handout on how to use a walker for the inpatients in gait training to have. 
Speaking of gait training, we have a ZOO for inpatients right now!  There is the screaming lady, the loud screaming (but not out of pain, just because he's loud) man, the 400 lb man with the bilateral knee replacement that refuses to stand up, so he hasnt and its been about 4 days.  And random other people that make it nowhere near boring.
I had to do this one fibromylagia patient today all by myself.  This lady is my least favorite fibromylagia patient.  I think she only comes for the heat packs.  The exercises I think are more painful for me than her in just trying to get her to do them.  And I'm talking exercises such as laying on your back, clasping your hands behind your head with your elbows pointed towards the ceiling and then laying your elbows down onto the pillow as best as you can.  I could only get her to do it twice.
I'm feeling more useful now.  But I still have evaluation anxiety.  I just dont really know what to do because I was taught to do things differently, so I'm just trying to do my best compromise between the two methods.  But on some things that leaves me pretty confused on what to do.  I lean more towards what I was taught.  But ya, that's a bit stressful for me.  I just need to do more.  But I'm not legally allowed to touch medicaire patients, so that cuts down the number of evals that I do.  And all of the weird cases, like that vestibular lady yesterday, Liz doesnt have me do.  Which is nice because I am still working hard on the regular evals, but also, that cuts down on the amount that I get to do.  But I'm just talking about outpatient evals.  The inpatients are a piece of cake.  And I do those every day now pretty much. 
I think I'm gonna go walk around some stores to kill time.  It's friday!!!  This week flew by.  I can't believe there are only 3 more weeks!  It's supposed to freeze tonight.  I told everybody that I don't want it to snow before I leave because I dont want to drive in it.  But then, Dad, you can just drive all the way, and I'll sleep.  So I guess it doesnt really matter.  Hehe.  Okay, I'm gonna go.  Love ya lots!
Lyndsey

No comments: